Saturday, May 29, 2010

L'infidélité - I

Pasha, The Park
Numgambakkam High road
“Martini. Shaken not stirred”, Abinaya’s eyes winked at her husband Yogesh. Both worked in the IT and liked to live life king size. They partied all Saturdays and the night life had a strong influence over them for a couple of years now.
He looked into her eyes. She was fresh, juvenile, enchanted and quixotic. She looked extremely gorgeous in her black and chocolate twin shaded saree. “Honey you are looking extremely gorgeous today” He said. “Oh gosh!!! Stop flirting. I am your wife, Yogi” She giggled. He laughed. The music was getting louder and louder. The DJ started playing the fast numbers. “Come, Let’s Dance” she hissed into his ears.

[House of Pain]
Pack it up, pack it in
Let me begin….
The crowd started dancing Deep House and Ambient style. The LEDs, strobe lights and the smoke from the fog machine brought a lively atmosphere. Slowly the fast music turned slow.

[Usher]
Yeah, Yeah yeah, Yeah yeah, Yeaah…
She put her arms around his neck and moved her body close to his. He was not good at dancing and moved his feet slow. She was a tremendous dancer and she moved at ease. Yogi liked the boozing part alone whenever they partied. Dancing was something which he never tried to pick up.
His mobile vibrated. It was from his boss. He stopped dancing and attended the call from the upper deck of the dance floor. He returned back in a few minutes and looked totally exasperated. “Honey we’ve got to go” He told her. “But why the hurry? We’ve just started!?!!" She replied. “There is a big issue at the office. I need to rush to the office right away”. “Oh Honey. Am in a party mood. Can’t you look into it tomorrow?” She asked him. “Why don’t you stay and booze while I get to the office, finish off the work and pick you up?” He suggested her. “That sounds great. But what if you are stuck up for hours?” She inquired. “In that case you might have to call up a taxi or something. Choice is yours. Are you coming?” He asked her. “I guess Taxi would be fine. I can handle it sweetheart. Just leave” She sounded irritated. He was in no mood for arguments. He kissed her goodbye and left.
A lady in her late twenties pointed her thumb up to hitchhike. Yogi stopped the car and lowered the glass. “Sorry to bother you at this time. I really need to rush but my car is broken. Could you please give me a lift” She asked him politely. “Where do you want to go?” He asked her. “Which way are you going?” She asked him. “Now I’ve got to rush up to my office in OMR. Got some issue to be fixed. After finishing my work, I will go to ashok nagar.” He replied back. “Oh. I need to go till Ashok Pillar too” Her face reflected that she was relieved to get a lift. “Probably I could wait outside your office till you wrap up your work. I am not comfortable to hire an auto at this hour” Her words started drawing more empathy. “Alright then. Get in” He opened the door for her.
“Renuka” She stretched out her hand. “Yogi” He shook back and smiled
************* *************
Abinaya detached herself from the dance floor and headed towards the Bar which stood in the upper deck. “1 Piña Colada please” She asked the Bartender. He entertained her with his Flair Bartending. She sipped her drink slowly enjoying the way he flipped and juggled the liquor bottles with ease which reminded her of Tom Cruise in Cocktail. “1 Martini. Shaken not stirred” She heard a male voice to her left. He was in his early thirties. He was dressed in a leather jacket and wore corduroy pants. She concentrated on her drink looking at the tricks the bartender was playing. “He is too good. Isn’t he?” He whispered to her. She didn’t care to reply him back. He sipped his drink and turned to her. Are you new to this place? “I haven’t seen you before” He said.
She turned to him and gave a nod. “I am Vinay by the way” He introduced to her. “Abinaya” She replied without looking at him. “Can I buy you a drink?” He asked her. “No” She replied. “You don’t speak much. Do you?” He asked. “No” She replied. “But I do. I am good at conversing” He said. “You seem to be without a company. Why don’t we just have a casual chat?” He said. “I don’t usually talk to strangers” She replied firmly. “Come on. Everyone is a stranger in one way or the other. Only destiny takes you to others; you get to meet lot of people; few come along. The rest just remain strangers. Everything depends on how you take your relationship to the next level. Even the guy whom you were married to was once a stranger. You didn’t reject him jus ‘coz he was a stranger. You got married and you are happy now. So strangers do make your life lively. Don’t they? ” He said.
She turned her head to have a good look at him. He really was handsome. Every girl would love to be his date someday. “I am not married. I am not looking someone either” She said. “Never seen people wearing a wedding ring without getting married” He grinned. She quickly covered her finger with her left hand. “Ah, Haa, Haa. I gotcha” He booed at her. “Smart!!” She smiled. “You don’t take your lady with you when you party?” She asked him. “If at all there is one” He replied. “I don’t believe you” She told. “Why not? Do I look like a smart guy who can get around with any girl easily?” He smiled. “May be” She said and nodded. “So tell me. Can I get you a drink?” He tried convincing her. “The answer would still be a NO” She was firm.
“So how long are you decided to keep flirting around?” She asked him. “I am not flirting; I was just trying to keep you occupied. It’s really heart-wrecking to see young women without proper company on a Friday night” He replied. “Can you buy me a drink?” She blushed. “Uff Finally!!!” He almost cried in joy. “Jolly Good show” He smiled and turned to the bartender “Hey John. Get us both Martini please”. “How do you know I like Martini?” She asked him. “I know you in and out” He smiled

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home