Monday, August 10, 2009

Women are from Venus II

10:36 AM, PM’s cubicle

“Hi Siva”
“Hi Sid. So where is the report? Did you forget to send it or what?”
“No. Actually I was little held up by some personal work. Went to bank to deposit some amount. Actually they take more than 1 week I guess for interbank transfers. Then I went to the other building till the finance department to submit my IT proofs and file my returns. I got held up”
“Did you read my question properly? Did you finish the report or not?”
“Well, I was half way through….”
“So, the work stands incomplete. Correct?”
“But Siva, it is just a replica of the last week’s sheet and will finish off the report in another 30 min”
“#*(^&*&#^%&*#%^&*^”

As they say “Success has many fathers. Failure is an orphan. Can someone tell him he pointed me as the best team player last Friday?


10:40 AM, my desk

“Hello. Why was your status away?” Rithika’s window popped up
“I went up to my PMs Cubicle”
“Oh wow great. Did you tell him you are going to join lunch with your sweetheart today?”
“No. He told me I am not going to have a piece of my meal today if the report is not finished and sent, no matter where I have planned to go”
“Didn’t you finish it yet?”
“I guess I am Finished unless I finish the report. Talk to you later. Bye for now”
“Are you angry with me sweetheart? L”
“No dear. You’ve been so nice to me right from the morning. J”

You know the answer. You know you did a mistake. You still try to find an answer from me. Tell me something. Am I really looking like a Jack ass to you?

11:00 AM

“So how are things going on at your end da? When will you finish the report?”
“I have no answers for your question as of now. Things were going smooth and fine for the last 20 minutes. And then you pinged me”
“How mean and rude huh? Shouldn’t I be concerned about your work? If so please tell me. I won’t barge in again”
“No sweetheart. You are so good to me. Problem is, I’ve been your only planet and there are no inhabitants around”
“I have a lot of friends. But you are the one who swept off my feat. You are one of a kind”
“Oh yeah?”
“Yeah!!”
“Shall we continue this mushy mushy romance late night?
“Bye. Carry on with your workL. Lavanya is feeling thirsty. We are going to FC to get something to drink.”

12:00 PM

“Hi Siva. I have sent you the status report and please review it. If in case anything needs to be changed, please let me know”
“Sure”
“And sorry for the delay. I will ensure there won’t be any hiccups going forward”
“Not an issue”

Uff… There are millions of ways to please your manager and the problem is I just couldn’t figure out one, at the moment. Today is just NOT MY DAY

12:25 PM

“So when are you going for lunch? I know you must have missed the shuttle by now”
“Yeah. I couldn’t make it. Sorry Rithi”
“Forget it. I have decided upon something”
“What is it?”
“No more expectations on anyone for anything. Just live life like a princess”
“Ok Princess. That sounds really cool”
“I know you will never regret your mistake. Lavanya and I were expecting you to catch the shuttle at least in the very last minute”
“Come on. I didn’t do it on a purpose. I always wanted to have lunch with you no matter how bad you cook”
“Everyone likes my food in my cubicle. You are the one who complains always”

Anything wrong with your cubicle mates’ Taste buds?

“That was a P.J attempted. Mistimed it though”
“You and your P.Js. Am going for lunch. So when are you going to eat?”
“May be in a few minutes I will be leaving”
“Where are you going to have your lunch? Did you bring today?”
“Nope. I need to find some restaurant outside. Am not comfortable with FC food”
“So non-veg is it?”
“Not so sure Rithika. Might give it a shot today”
“How many times should I have to tell you to stop eating non-veg huh? It’s bad for health da. It’s really very bad to kill a living creature. If someone chops off your fingers how will you react?”
“I will do that in return”
“Very clever. Please start eating vegetables. Atleast eat 2 vegetables a day. That will keep you healthy and strong. Non-Veg consumption is bad and it won’t help you to be in good health”
“I like fish. It has lot of proteins in it”
“If you are really concerned with Protein and other healthy nourishment, eat spinach with pulses in it. It has high iron content and has a decent amount of protein too than what you get from fish”

Just pretend as if I’ve never opened a conversation with you regarding fish. Now why don’t you give me a break?

“Hmmm. Yeah that’s indeed a very good suggestion. Rithika, I will give up non vegetarian food very soon. I promise”
“You are so sweet da. You are the one who will understand my feelings and follow whatever I tell you for your own good”

Not only me!!! Any human being who doesn’t have the energy to withstand such a huge lecture in an empty stomach will nod to whatever you say


2:15 PM

“Hey what you had for lunch da? I am done. Tummy full!!!”
“I had Butter naan with Mutter panner. How about you, Rithi?”
“I had Roti and Sabzi da. Nice that you didn’t eat non veg today”


6:15 PM
“Hey am leaving for the day da. Will message or call you after reaching home. Bye bye Sweety pie J “
“Bye Honey. Take care”
“Miss ya and Love ya”

Hmmm what a day

8:35 PM

“Hey, reached home or what? “
“Hi Rithi. Just now entering home”
“Can’t you send a message before starting from office? How many times should I have to tell you huh?”
“Hey sorry. I really forgot. Do you mind if I sms you after my dinner?”
“Sure. No issues. I will wait”

9:15 PM

“Hi”
“Hi. Just finished my dinner”
“What are you doing? Watching that stupid match? “
“Yeah. Indians are batting really well. Are you watching the match too?”
“You won’t have time to message on yourself unless and until I message you is it? I have become your second priority. I don’t want to talk to someone who gives high priority to some stupid match than me”
“I am sorry where did you pick up such silly stuff? Huh? They are not playing all the time. It’s just this month and a half. Please understand will you?”
“Ok. Am going to sleep. Good night. You carry on with your match. Bye”
“Bye Rithi. Good night. Sweet dreams. Take care”


[Commentary from the Television]

Let’s hear from the commentary team about how things are going at the ground. Back to you Sunil Gavaskar and Ravi Shastri
Sunny: The rain is getting heavier and the covers are on. You can see heavy drizzles all over the park.

[A huge lightening passing through the ground and a heavy thunder roaring as if, it’s going to hit the commentary box]

Sunny: Uff… Shaz did you hear that..?
Shaz: I don’t think there is going to be a match on, Sunny. The umpires might call it off. Let’s wait and see

Yeah. You are right Sunny and Ravi. Lightning and Thunder has struck me too. She just confirmed me over the phone few minutes back!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home