Monday, August 10, 2009

Hard being a lover-III

Part III – The Come Back

Amrita started asking me the same questions Darshini used to ask me “Why didn’t you call me last night?", "Why didn’t you wish me good Morning?", "Why you didn’t message me?" were the usual fights. “How many cigarettes did you smoke today?” was the popular question. Amrita hated while I complimented any other girl. As time progressed “Why did she scrap you? Why did she write a testimonial to you and why the hell did you accept that?" Darshini called me at times whenever she felt like missing me. Amrita found out I still was in contact with Darshini and she always yelled “Stop talking to her. If you want to flirt, go flirt with anyone you like and don’t you ever talk to me”.

I had wished many times that these small fights turn big and Amrita would walk out of my life not giving me any trouble and I can happily find a new girl. Unfortunately, my fantasy of breaking up with Amrita never happened. Amrita always returned back the next morning and I would start talking to her as if nothing had happened the previous day.

What has gone wrong with me? Why am I unable to break up with someone who keeps fighting with me always? I then found the answer to my misery with Amrita. I am always happy talking to Amrita. Slow peppy romantic songs still makes me think of Amrita, when I am busy flirting with someone. But when I see a girl in my office or outside in a restaurant or a street or a movie hall, my heart sure misses a beat.
Amrita caught me red handed while browsing through my mobile and saw some flirtatious messages I had forgotten to delete in the sent items folder. I should have done that before she entered my car and I remember how much I paid for my forgetfulness. The other time I had deleted all the messages before meeting her without fail but failed to look into the call logs. “Why did she call you last night at 11.45? Why did you lie to me that you were tired and going to sleep at 10.00?”

May be I should never carry my mobile with me whenever I meet Amrita! But what if some other girl messages or calls me or forwards an A joke to me and someone at home gets to see any of that. It will be even worse than tackling Amrita. Most of my friends don’t even have a friend who is a girl. "Why can’t I stick to a girl, be loyal to her and erase the word flirting?" is what my mind thinks every night. But the next morning there is no trace of such guilt and I am the same old guy flirting around once I hit the road.

I recall chatting with unknown girls over yahoo even till dusk turns dawn and had lied to Amrita that I slept off the previous night. Though Amrita had quiet a flirtatious moments while in college, she has been so much dedicated and loyal to me after we stepped into a relationship. But I am the most disloyal person to be in a relationship. I am wondering if it is the same with other guys who are in a relationship. I am not sure if it was Amrita's curse or the Internet service provider not being up to the mark, I had to disconnect the whole world from my PC recently. All the flirting was almost coming to an end. I was even thinking of removing the phone numbers of the so called “my-wavelength” girls from my contact list. Instead I decided not to start anymore new flirts.

Day: Present day

We have always had a great affinity towards animated movies. Fortunately, Madagascar2 got released and we planned to see it on a Sunday. Amrita seemed to be more excited than me. Amrita was holding my hands, looking at my face and sipping her coke. I was doing the same! It was a wonderful movie watching.

Long drives with Amrita have always been fascinating. She sitting beside me, feeling very happy just looking into my face with her face full of innocence and having a huge belief in me that I would never let her down anytime gave a loud alarm inside my head. Suddenly it occurred to me what I was doing to her was betrayal. The signal turned red and the wiper sound rhymed along with the CD player and I stopped the car. I couldn’t resist myself looking into her eyes. My confidence suddenly boosted and I was not struggling to meet her eyes anymore. I took her hands and held it very tight. There was no lust in me for the first time. Everything my lips spoke to her was nothing but LOVE! Memories of us together the past years kept repeating and the signal turned green

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home