Monday, August 10, 2009

Hard being a lover-I

All the incidents and characters mentioned in the story are fictional. Any resemblance to real life is a mere co-incidence.

Day: Few days back
Place: In my Cubicle, staring at the desktop


Can I be true to her? I am trying my best but I am failing time and again… No No wait… Did I tell I really tried? I would fancy myself to cry YES I DID! But NO should only be the real truth. I remember the incident a few days back when I had confessed I smoked a few cigarettes, her reaction was disappointing. Few cigarettes to me are more than half a pack. I had promised her for the 34th time that I will quit smoking soon. But "the soon" never came. She was blackmailing to stop talking to me unless I quit smoking. That was a lie, which came so natural to me every time I tried to win her heart. I wish I could keep up my words. But I am not really trying.

About me, I am Ram - A typical Software parasite. My Hobbies include a lot of fanciful things like Sidney Sheldon novels, Tom Hanks’ movies, Kimi Raikkonen, Italian Cuisine, and Bryan Adams for the sake of Orkut profile viewers helping me flirt easily. Otherwise I have nothing to do with these in my life. I wonder how many profiles I have created so far to get the attraction from the opposite gender. I keep a note of the list of these profiles. Password won’t matter as I have the same password for all of them. Each profile will be unique from the other. If Butter Naan, Alu mutter, Rajesh Khanna and Taare Zameen Par top in one profile, Kamalhaasan and Rajinikanth will find their entry in the other profile. So this is me Ram the easy go lucky persona enjoying everything as it comes.

Place: Same day Same cubicle, memories Drifting 2 years behind...

Orkut was introduced to me by a good friend. “Search all your school mates and buddies through Orkut” was the reason he gave me. I found the reason worthless. Why the hell would I want to keep in touch? I really expected nobody from my place to know anything about Orkut. But to my surprise, all my school friends were already a member in this networking portal.

She came into my life 2 years ago, when I was in the verge of my 4th break up. Of course, down south, we call it a breakup even if it was a one sided affair. Amrita Venugopalan had been her call out name always. Girls having their father’s name as their surname fascinated me. I added her not just because she was in one of the community I was in, but to establish the so called “Friendship”. There had never been a real intention for a friendship with the opposite gender except for flirting. For the sake of our Culture let’s name it as friendship or a casual relationship. I asked her for her number and she flasher hers immediately. Later I learnt she was leaving for training in a week’s time and the number would be of no use after a week. Then I realized this one was smarter than what she portrayed.

I can’t remember interacting much with her after she left for her training. My search was only inside Chennai, so that hanging around and getting to know the girl would be easy.

The training had gone real fast. She got posted to a new city. It was the starting point of our relationship and the finishing point to all my “searching-for-a-girl” activities. First few days were pretty boring and annoying. She had her first break up in her life. Gokul, the first love had found a lame excuse to break up with her. He succeeded but on the other hand I am still looking out for reasons to break up with her. ;)

I started talking to her for 5 reasons.
1. I was in production support and absolutely had no work.
2. The support mobile which they had given me had a limit up to Rs.2000
3. I had the noon shift which meant I did not have to shrink my sleep and stretch my work flirting with her.
4. She was single and heart broken without a competitor.
5. She was not looking for a long term relationship.

The first 4 points were encouraging me a lot to proceed for a relationship with her. But getting closer, the 5th point became a betrayal factor. I never wanted "commitment" or "Long Term". She on the other hand is still the most committed person I have ever seen.

From Orkut to Airtel, from Airtel to Outlook and from Outlook to Communicator. This had been my growth. Meanwhile, I was scrapping many girls and also kept updating her about the things going on in my daily life. Though she didn’t oppose anything which I did, she should have felt really bad deep inside because she agreed to whatever I said which was not her nature. Things changed completely when I met the most beautiful girl in my life ever…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home