Monday, August 10, 2009

Hard being a lover-II

Part II – The Bliss land

Darshini Sivaraman, a girl whom I had scraped long back had replied me. Slowly, scrapping moved to daily chatting. She did not have a mobile in spite of working for an IT company. It was on a Saturday evening, I was spending time with my friend at his place. She asked me to meet her the next day. This happened when I was checking my Orkut scraps and chatting with her. I was thrilled and excited to meet her. On top of everything I was very eager to know how she would look like. My curiosity pushed me to ask her photo and she responded immediately. She was the most beautiful girl I had ever seen. This sentence was my "Line Catcher" phrase. I have been repeating this sentence to who so ever responded to my scrap. No matter how bad she looked, she would be "beautiful" in my reply. I had no choice but to reply she was very good looking. Most girls would fuss “Oh I am not that pretty”. I am still wondering when all the good looking girls will admit “Yes I am the best”. I confirmed the place & time for the meeting and waited impatient for the next day to come. She really was the most beautiful girl I had ever seen. She refused to be my pillion and came to see me in her scooty.

We went to Dominos and she placed the order while I was very nervous and dumbstruck. That was my second time alone with a girl in a restaurant, the last one being with the 4th girl whom I had broken up. She started pouring out everything from her heart and all I had to do was to nod to everything she said. I laughed at everything she had thought was funny and turned my face sad when she said something sad. Half the stuff she told I dint find interesting or worthy. But I had to fake to keep it going. Later, we hanged around a few more places, took some picture in my mobile and we parted. That Sunday was terrific and I had called Amrita that night as usual to update about my first real date. Amrita sounded alright and I thought she liked my happy moments with Darshini.

Time ran quickly. I and Darshini were having a good time roaming all around Chennai. She surprised me one night with her proposal. This was when I was very tired and almost sleeping. I lost my sleep in the suddenness and started wondering as to why she fell in love with me? Can't she just spend time without falling into a relationship? Not knowing what to say, half minded I replied an OK to her proposal. All my masculine hormones further pushed me to say “Yea Yea I love you too...” That was the hottest summer in Chennai’s history. Yet it rained everyday inside me. Going with her in and around Chennai with lot of guys watching or rather I would say envying me. Having the most beautiful girl by my side was really cherishing.

I can never forget the day i spent such intimacy with Darshini at my friend's place. All the Mani Ratnam movies were running in my life… I told Amrita that I had such a wonderful day with Darshini. Amrita listened to me patiently. But I never knew there was such an enmity growing deep inside her. I kept updating Amrita about every moment I spent with Darshini. Though I had had happy moments with Darshini, my real wonderful moments were those updating Amrita and sharing everything with her. Darshini’s call would end in just 5 minutes while the call with Amrita would go on till the stars slowly fade out of the night.

Days went slow suddenly as Darshini became a bore to me. My career was going nowhere. Darshini was boring me with silly stuff which was so trivial. I seriously got involved in my work for the first time in my life and succeeded in meeting client requirements but failed to meet Darshini’s. Day in and out there was some misunderstanding between Darshini and me. When Amrita came to Chennai we planned a meet with Darshini. She was as usual boring both of us and I saw Amrita’s expression full of fake smiles and laughter. Both of them exchanged their numbers and mail IDs and I was wondering what do they both have in common to chat and talk? But I had failed to figure it was a trap to separate me and Darshini. Amrita was in love with me. Oh my god! How could she have done this to me? I am still asking myself. Amrita made me realize Darshini was only using me to vent out her silly feelings. Finally, she smartly made Darshini ditch me. I came to know of this only after Amrita had confessed at a later point of my life. Darshini started moving out of my life slowly. Amrita came back to Chennai for good and I started going around with her frequently. Anyone can change a girl with an inflated ego to a normal girl living next door. That was what happened in my life. I am a living example for changing the arrogant Amrita. Amrita was thoroughly enjoying being in my company. She still enjoys my company.

I don’t remember when I proposed Amrita that I fell in love with her. Neither had she proposed her love. We never stopped to think about how when and where “The Love” happened! After all I had completely shattered my relationship with Darshini forever. I thought life would be much easier and spicy having Amrita as my soul mate. But my life before falling in love and after the love confirmed me “Life can never be simple and easy”. Every girl is unique is a myth because when it comes to living a life together it’s all the same. Darshini and Amrita were no different to me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home