Monday, August 10, 2009

Women are from Venus

Disclaimer: All incidents and characters mentioned in the story are purely fictional. Any resemblance to real life is a mere co-incidence

Women are from Venus
I wish they go back there!!!


7:00 AM
Suddenly, on a bright Monday morning with no room for earlier predictions there was a tremor. “Wake up. Its 7 o clock” Mom’s steamy voice passed through Siddharth’s ear canal and hit the ear drum like a bullet. “Wow. What a way to welcome the week” he thought and started his busy routine- Brushing the teeth for half an hour of which 20 minutes time went idle surfing the channels, watching the new movie schedules and the girls posing in the last page of the DC, reading the messages which had sneaked into his mobile after the late hours of the previous night and replying back his girl friend’s usual “Hi good morning. Have a great week ahead or Hi good morning. Have a great day ahead”. “Who would want to risk themselves not replying the good morning messages?” he thought. Siddharth had wished every day that his mom would allow him to choose the breakfast. But that had never happened

8:00 AM
Dosa would be the routine breakfast. Sometimes Chutney came as a complementary with the dosa and sometimes he just had to adjust with the Dosa podi. Work awaited 40Kms from home. So did his girl friend Rithika. Swiping in at 9 had always been a tough task for him. He still managed to succeed because of his “to-be-wife’s” torture. Having a girl friend in the same corporate if not under the same roof in different locations must be considered a challenging task for any guy. He always wanted to swipe in not before 10:30 and leave late every evening. Sid always wanted him to be “him”. But Rithika never let him be the way he desired.

9:00 AM
Rithika’s messenger window would be the first one to welcome Siddharth in his office. “Hi Sid. Good Morning da”

Hmmm how many times will you tell me Good Morning Huh?

“Hi. Good Morning sweet heart. So Howz you?”
“Great. Had your Breakfast?”
“No I skipped my breakfast. I never felt like eating today. Boring Dosa. I just hate it Rithee”
“Sid. Will you listen to me for a couple of minutes?”
“Sure. Go on”
“How many times should I tell you not to skip breakfast? You can starve for dinner. You can even take less food for lunch. But please for my sake do not skip Breakfast. Please I beg you”

What’s wrong with her? How many times should she tell me this? I won’t listen her anyways. Hmmm.

“It’s nothing of that sort. I just wanted to have a light breakfast and have a juice.”
“Don’t drink juice early in the morning. Anyways you will order that stupid sweet lime. Its acidic da. Don’t drink anything citric without eating proper Breakfast. It’s not good for health. Do you understand?”
“Yes! I do”
“Sid. Do you have more work today? Can you come for lunch today in the afternoon shuttle?”
“I don’t know. Got to check the mails and reply back. There is this call with my onsite too. Don’t know what my dear buddy has for me today”
“Ok. I will take it as negative then”
“How many times should I repeat not to assume things? I said I need to get started with my work and only then I will have an idea about my work load for the day”
“Ok forget it. Did you read the book I gave you? Your grammar is very pathetic. It needs a lot of improvement”
“Yes Rithi. I have started reading the novel which you had given me day before yesterday. But…”
“But what?”
“Yesterday you had a fight with me, remember, for not spending time with you after I reach home everyday”
“Yeah that is a different thing. Look Sid. You need to prioritize your things and work it out accordingly. You are expecting a role change this cycle right? How will you manage a team if you are not planning correctly?”

This woman is totally unpredictable. She wants me to learn, start reading books, improve grammar and spend some time with her after reaching home. She forgets I travel 80Kms up and down every single day. Uff!!!

9:30 AM
“Sid… What happened? Are you there?”
“Yeah am here. I was just thinking”
“What were you thinking?”
“Nothing”
“So are you coming for lunch? I’ve brought your favorite dish today. Come and have it if you really want to!”
“Rithi…. I wish I could come. I haven’t even started off with my work. I need to sort out the issues which are pending since yesterday. Give me some time to decide. Is it ok?”
“The dish won’t wait post 1:00PM today”

Can you talk something else other than food, relationship and your stupid Gyans?

“Ok guess you are busy that you can’t even say a Yes or No for the lunch with me”

Please don’t start that again for heaven’s sake

“Rithi. I will ping you back in a while”
“Get lost with your stupid work. I won’t ping you unless and until you ping me. Bye for now”

Finally!!! Mission accomplished. Now let me finish off the work

“Sid sweetheart. Wassup?”

No. Not again. Why ME?

“Rithi”
“Yeah my better half”
“Did I tell you I have some work to be completed before lunch and need to send a status report immediately?”
“Nope. You didn’t “
“Well. Then Rithi. You got to listen to me very carefully. Ok?”
“Yeah sure. Go on”
“I have this work which needs to be finished before lunch without which I will not be allowed to sleep peacefully tonight and I don’t want to have those nightmares early in the morning. So if you can pleaseallow me to work for a while, I will finish it up fast and if possible catch up the 12 o clock shuttle, meet you there and return back in the next shuttle. Does that sound agreeable to you?”
“Does that mean you can’t work and message me at the same time? L “
“I guess yes. I need some special practice to do parallel processing, which I can take it up from you later”
“Get lost. Don’t ping me. I will go offline. Bye”
“Hey wait..”

The following message could not be delivered to all recipients, possibly because one or more persons are offline:
Hey wait..

Wonderful. Hmmm. What am I going to do now?

10:35 AM

Sivamuthukumaran is inviting you to a conversation

“Is that report ready Siddharth? I need to have a review on that before sending it to onsite. Can you please send it across and drop by my cubicle for a few minutes? I have another meeting in 15 minutes. So make it fast”

Now that is what I call it, RITHIKA….YOU BEAUTY!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home